Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem of using Preview

Im having some problem with Preview lately where I cant see my editing on the PDF slides when i open it next day on my mac or iPad, its like parts of my notes are gone like it is half way done. Im sure that i have saved the file every time, this has become a big trouble for me especially I'm doing online classes now and I'm relying on Preview to jot down my notes. At first, i thought it was software issue or iCould problem, then i upgraded my old mac to latest version (Big Sur) but the problem still exist. Could anyone help me out on this or anyone is facing similar problem?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 4:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 7:05 AM

Start with this...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2021 7:05 AM in response to Alex_JK

Start with this...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Problem of using Preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.