Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) Display Problems?

Hoping for a quick/cheap fix(aren't we all).

Aside from being wildly unimpressed by this model, today I opened my laptop up for work, and was disappointed to see that the bottom section of my screen was blacked out, while the portion just above the blacked out section was flickering horizontal lines, and the length of the right side of my screen is vertical flickering bars.

I haven't left my device in the heat for long periods of time, haven't gotten any liquids on it, haven't messed with anything on the inside. No abnormal behavior at all. Please help!

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 7:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 9:28 PM

Logan Needy Said:

"I'm not using a screen cover/protector.."

-------

This is nothing of a common problem. You need to get this Mac serviced, ASAP:

To Get this Mac Serviced...

Contact Apple, and setup a Genius Bar Appointment or see an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) in your local area.

Contact Apple:

Or...

Contact an AASP: 

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the iPhone

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2021 9:28 PM in response to Logan Needy

Logan Needy Said:

"I'm not using a screen cover/protector.."

-------

This is nothing of a common problem. You need to get this Mac serviced, ASAP:

To Get this Mac Serviced...

Contact Apple, and setup a Genius Bar Appointment or see an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) in your local area.

Contact Apple:

Or...

Contact an AASP: 

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the iPhone

Jul 11, 2021 8:14 PM in response to Logan Needy

Logan Needy Said:

"[...]Aside from being wildly unimpressed by this model, today I opened my laptop up for work, and was disappointed to see that the bottom section of my screen was blacked out, while the portion just above the blacked out section was flickering horizontal lines, and the length of the right side of my screen is vertical flickering bars. I haven't left my device in the heat for long periods of time, haven't gotten any liquids on it, haven't messed with anything on the inside.[...]"

-------

Remove the Screen Cover:

Apparently you are using a cover for your screen. So, remove it, seeing if that goes away. It may be pressing on the screen. Remove it slowly.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) Display Problems?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.