Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What kind of modem would be for my MacBook Pro purchase in 2017? I other modem is old.

I have old modem. I have old airport express. I was told I could buy a combined device that is both a modem and does what airport express does. Any help? Thank you

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 3:00 PM

Check with your Internet Service Provider (ISP) first, to see if they offer the type of product that you are looking for. It is called a modem/router or gateway.

If they do not offer this type of product, ask the support staff at your ISP which modem/router or gateway that they would recommend that would be compatible with their service.

We would not be able to recommend any product unless we knew more about the service that your ISP provides, because we know nothing about your provider. Who is your Internet Service Provider?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2021 3:00 PM in response to amyphaseshift

Check with your Internet Service Provider (ISP) first, to see if they offer the type of product that you are looking for. It is called a modem/router or gateway.

If they do not offer this type of product, ask the support staff at your ISP which modem/router or gateway that they would recommend that would be compatible with their service.

We would not be able to recommend any product unless we knew more about the service that your ISP provides, because we know nothing about your provider. Who is your Internet Service Provider?

What kind of modem would be for my MacBook Pro purchase in 2017? I other modem is old.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.