Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ignore Limit problem

Looks like lots of parents have got the same problem with “Ignore Limit” on children’s iPhone, I have got the exactly same problem and cannot fix it!!!

I have set up my daughter's screen time but she gets "Ignore Limit" option with TikTok and Snapchat even in the down time. I have checked all apps are set up "Block at End of Limit" but she still gets "Ignore Limit" message so she can use some Apps forever! Is it a kind of bug???

It works with the other apps but not with TikTok and Snapchat. (I’m 100% sure she doesn’t know the passcode.)

I have restarted her phone but it’s still the same. Actually, one night it somehow managed to work for both TikTok and Snapchat Time Limit, it shows “Ask for more Time” (didn’t see the Ignore Limit option anymore). However, right next morning, it came back, she managed to ignore the limit again and used the apps although it was still in the down time. I have been searching and reading every single comment on google and Apple website about this “Ignore Limit” problem but nothing helped me at all.

I wonder what’s happened with the parents who had the same problems and left a message here. I wonder if they have solved the problem and how.

Again, I have check the “Block at End Limit” buttons are on so many times.

Could someone help me please.

iPhone 8

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 3:54 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jul 13, 2021 10:33 AM in response to chie192

Hey there chie192!

From what we understand you seem to be experiencing trouble using Screen Time limits with your daughter's device.

Are the affected devices fully updated?

If so, did you check to make sure that both apps are fully updated on your daughter's device as well?

You can also try disabling Screen Time and setting it up once more to test the issue.

If you continue to run into complications, you can reach out to Apple Support directly.

Get Support

Warm regards.

Jul 13, 2021 12:36 PM in response to Dave_G1

Thank you Dave_G1.

Do you mean "Software Update"? My iPhone software is updated and I'm sure my daughter's one too as she normally update once she gets a message. I'm not sure if TikTok and Snapchat are fully updated on my daughter's one though. Do you know how I can check them?

Actually, after I left my message here last night, I was still checking my daughter's phone till I went to bed. Looked like her both TikTok and Snapchat Apps finally went to the screen of "Ask for more Time". Then I checked her phone in the morning again and it was still "Ask for more Time" till end of her down time. This was the first time she couldn't use her phone (and the apps) till end of her down time.

However, during the day her screen time, she can still continue using the apps without requesting me more time. This is so annoying. We have already discussed so many times about screen time so she doesn't use her phone madly but I want her to stop using in the certain time without giving a stress both myself and her.

Jul 14, 2021 12:47 PM in response to Dave_G1

Thank you Dave_G1.

I managed to talk someone at the Apple support centre earlier. After she tried several ways, she suggested reset my daughter's iPad and iPhone. I didn't have her iPhone at the time (as she was out) but I had her iPad with me so I followed the lady's instruction to reset. Then finally, we managed to control TikTok (I believe). However there was no icon of Snapchat on her iPad (it is on her iPhone) so I haven't sorted out the Snapchat yet.

Now I have got more questions... So sorry...

The lady at the support centre suggested I should reset her iPhone as well. Unfortunately I don't have a very good memory and worried in case I loose lots of other data of her phone. We didn't reset everything when the lady instructed me, only some settings. I remember I should go to >Setting>General>Reset, Then I cannot quite remember which one I should choose.

When we reset her iPad during the call, it didn't loose Apps and data etc. It only lost some settings so I need to set up the screen time again etc.

I have got another question.. (sorry)

So my daughter's iPad has been reset but not her iPhone yet.

On my phone, if I look at the screen time page of my daughter's iPhone (and iPad as it's shared across devices) the App limit and Downtime etc are as they were before reset her iPad. So, the setting of her device on my phone has not been reset and the setting of her iPad is reset, therefore they are not synchronised!!! Do I need to reset my phone as well? How can I synchronise my phone and her iPad again???

Thank you so much for your help.. I think I am nearly there but I still need someone's help. Sorry...

Ignore Limit problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.