You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice Memos storage on iCloud

Hello - I want to make sure that my voice memos are fully backed up on iCloud… when I view my iPhone storage it tells me voice memos takes up 1.34gb. However, when I go to manage storage in iCloud, it tells me voice memos is only taking up 709.8mb. Should these two match? Or does iCloud somehow compress the data for more compact storage?

thanks!

iPhone SE, iOS 11

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 5:55 PM

1 reply

Jul 13, 2021 12:08 PM in response to chris41789

Hello Chris41789,

It sounds like you want to verify your voice memos are backed up correctly. We understand how important this is to you and we are here to help.

Syncing your voice memos will make sure it is accessible on all of your devices. This article may be able to help: See your recordings on all your devices

If your device is backed up to iCloud, this would include all of your voice memos. As mentioned here: What does iCloud back up?

Cheers!

Voice Memos storage on iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.