Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice Memos Documents and Data

I recently deleted 1,000+ voice memos to clear up space.

When I click iPhone storage and then manage storage,

The app voice memos is at 73.5+ gigs.

i have deleted the app, I have offloaded the app, I have deleted iCloud data, I have done all I know how to do.

when I delete the voice memos app, under the manage storage, the voice memos application says com.Apple.voicememo with the download cloud icon. Even when deleted it still says 73 gigs.

please help urgently, I need the space desperately.

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 12:40 AM

You can actively start filling up your memory. You can put a lot of movies on your iPhone, or you can download some of those big "test files" - search for Test Files on Google, there are some that take up 10GB so you can quickly fill up the memory and that cache will be deleted to make room for the new files.

Otherwise, make a restore of your entire device. But it might be going to extremes.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2022 12:40 AM in response to Community User

You can actively start filling up your memory. You can put a lot of movies on your iPhone, or you can download some of those big "test files" - search for Test Files on Google, there are some that take up 10GB so you can quickly fill up the memory and that cache will be deleted to make room for the new files.

Otherwise, make a restore of your entire device. But it might be going to extremes.

Apr 9, 2022 2:51 PM in response to Community User

Your iPhone will automatically start cleaning up deleted cache data when it starts to run out of space. But try restarting your iPhone - it sometimes helps if there is data stuck in memory.

Apr 11, 2022 12:31 AM in response to Community User

I have tried many times but to no avail, anyway I can fix without having to wait for storage to max out as I am OCD heavily and this is frustrating me beyond belief 😂

Voice Memos Documents and Data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.