Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I wanted to change my Apple ID account but mistakenly created a second account. My devices don’t recognize the new account and won’t let me change my old account because the new account is taken - not available

How do I delete a second Apple ID created by mistake?

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 11:37 AM

There have been posts by people who have contacted Apple Support and they were told that if you delete an ID associated with an email address, you can never reuse the email address for an Apple ID. 

How to delete your Apple ID account.         

Apple ID – How to Delete.        

Delete Apple ID (new).         

You will need to get another email address to change your old Apple IDs email address. Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2021 11:37 AM in response to DarrylAppleSupport2062

There have been posts by people who have contacted Apple Support and they were told that if you delete an ID associated with an email address, you can never reuse the email address for an Apple ID. 

How to delete your Apple ID account.         

Apple ID – How to Delete.        

Delete Apple ID (new).         

You will need to get another email address to change your old Apple IDs email address. Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Jul 23, 2021 11:32 PM in response to DarrylAppleSupport2062

I purchased a new iPhone and gave my old iPhone to my partner.

I swapped information to my new phone.

For some reason I have lost my iTunes account. Every time I log in it comes up with my partner's gmail and doesn't recognise my log in for my iTunes/ apple account, so I can't access my Apple TV. My Apple TV still has my old Log in , but when I do it on my computer it doesn't recognise it.

I can't access all mu movies and television shows I have purchased.

I wanted to change my Apple ID account but mistakenly created a second account. My devices don’t recognize the new account and won’t let me change my old account because the new account is taken - not available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.