Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone keeps dimming

For the past 4 days I’ve been trying to get my iPhone 12 max to stop automatically dimming. I’ve been to several site and discussion boards and nothing is working. Does anyone know a different way to stop my phone from dimming?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 7:30 AM

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know all you have tried. If you have a case on your iPhone, you may want to remove it and test to see if it's blocking the ambient light sensor. If it continues to dim with the case off, you will want to contact Apple Support. They can be reached at Get Support.

Reach back out anytime you have questions.

Have a great day!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2021 7:30 AM in response to Livelifecook

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know all you have tried. If you have a case on your iPhone, you may want to remove it and test to see if it's blocking the ambient light sensor. If it continues to dim with the case off, you will want to contact Apple Support. They can be reached at Get Support.

Reach back out anytime you have questions.

Have a great day!

Jul 14, 2021 8:34 AM in response to Livelifecook

Hello Livelifecook,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you could use some help with your iPhone and the display dimming. We’ll be happy to assist!

You didn’t mention what you have tried, so let’s begin here. Check out the section “About brightness levels” found in Adjust the brightness and color temperature on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Make sure the auto-brightness is off in Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size.

Reach back out if you still see your screen dimming.

Have a great day!

Phone keeps dimming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.