Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

12 pro max dims all the time

Has anyone figured out how to stop the phone from self dimming all the time. Yes I have turned off everything related to dimming. Yes I have taken my phone to an apple store and had it restored. Still randomly dims especially if I’m outside even in the shade. Most annoying thing ever.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 12:06 PM

Try turning off true tone in Settings> Display and Brightness> True Tone. Then Auto brightness Go to Settings> Accessibility> Display and Text Size> and turn off the switch for Auto Brightness

5 replies

Aug 7, 2021 2:21 PM in response to Jofred

I have the same issue and it’s really irritating. I can’t see the screen at all when I’m outside at all this is completely unacceptable as much as these things cost! Verizon said it’s a defect and actually replaced one phone it was doing it and now the replacement phone that I just got last week is doing it so it’s some thing obviously the Apple needs to fix soon this is completely ridiculous I was outside for less than 15 minutes and it was So dark I couldn’t even see the screen at all. My son has the iPhone 11 and it was fine and dandy this needs to be fixed I’ve contacted Apple and have gotten nowhere does anyone have any suggestions for like a corporate address or phone number for Apple because I will call.

12 pro max dims all the time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.