Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove "recent opens" from Finder menu when using ctrl-click

I have searched for months with no answer. I need to stop the "recent" finder opens that list below the primary finder options when clicking ctrl-click on the finder icon. Or at least shorten it to just last 5 - the long list displayed is TOTALLY annoying. See screen shot of what I'm talking about.

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 12:34 PM

I suppose you are talking about the Dock.

Did you try changing the number of "Recent Items" in System Preferences->General to a smaller value? You can try setting it to 5, or even None. It will affect other applications, most notably the "Open Recent" menu. I am not sure if it also applies to the Dock because... I don't use the Dock.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2021 12:34 PM in response to randym56

I suppose you are talking about the Dock.

Did you try changing the number of "Recent Items" in System Preferences->General to a smaller value? You can try setting it to 5, or even None. It will affect other applications, most notably the "Open Recent" menu. I am not sure if it also applies to the Dock because... I don't use the Dock.

Remove "recent opens" from Finder menu when using ctrl-click

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.