Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So my iPad is up to date on everything, nothing needs to be done and my storage for “other is through the roof!

So my iPad is up to date on everything, nothing needs to be done and I only have 14 photos ,6 apps and nothing else. But my storage says that “other” is taking up HALF. MY. STORAGE SPACE.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 5:29 PM

See >>> Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

“Other” storage mainly encompasses cached information. As for its proportion versus your available space will, in part, be influenced by the model of iPad. Some iPad models have very limited internal storage (perhaps as little as 16GB (from which the iPad will use a high proportion for the Operating System) all the way up to 2TB (which is huge).

With a greater understanding of your iPad model - and storage capacity - we may have a better idea of what is going on. In all cases, the remedy is generally to eliminate cached data - which may be from a number of Apps. The biggest offenders tend to be video streaming Apps, browser Apps (such as Safari) etc. Each App has its own way of removing cached data; this applies to Safari:

Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Sometimes the only remedy is to backup the iPad to iCloud or iTunes - reset the iPad - and then restore the iPad from the backup.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from a backup – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2021 5:29 PM in response to Fizzyfred313

See >>> Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

“Other” storage mainly encompasses cached information. As for its proportion versus your available space will, in part, be influenced by the model of iPad. Some iPad models have very limited internal storage (perhaps as little as 16GB (from which the iPad will use a high proportion for the Operating System) all the way up to 2TB (which is huge).

With a greater understanding of your iPad model - and storage capacity - we may have a better idea of what is going on. In all cases, the remedy is generally to eliminate cached data - which may be from a number of Apps. The biggest offenders tend to be video streaming Apps, browser Apps (such as Safari) etc. Each App has its own way of removing cached data; this applies to Safari:

Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Sometimes the only remedy is to backup the iPad to iCloud or iTunes - reset the iPad - and then restore the iPad from the backup.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from a backup – Apple Support

So my iPad is up to date on everything, nothing needs to be done and my storage for “other is through the roof!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.