Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gray SMS Message Pop up on iPhone screen

I got a gray pop up notification saying “SMS Message” that covered my whole screen with no option to close or go back. I’d like to know what that pop up is for and why it appeared like that when SMS usually just goes to my iPhone’s messaging app. It seemed like a suspicious pop up. This is the first time it ever happened on my phone. I didn’t click the “Why I received this message” because it was really sketchy to me

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 5:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 11:50 AM

Hey Freed29,

Thanks for posting your question in Apple Support Communities.

The notification may come from the device being placed into lost mode using the Find My app. In order to confirm, can you sign into the Find My app on the device using your Apple ID and check that the device has not been placed into lost mode.

You can find more info about lost mode using this article: Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item.

Best Wishes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2021 11:50 AM in response to freed29

Hey Freed29,

Thanks for posting your question in Apple Support Communities.

The notification may come from the device being placed into lost mode using the Find My app. In order to confirm, can you sign into the Find My app on the device using your Apple ID and check that the device has not been placed into lost mode.

You can find more info about lost mode using this article: Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item.

Best Wishes.

Gray SMS Message Pop up on iPhone screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.