Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big problem: Apple watch series 6 EXERCISE ring data not accurate compared to workout data! It doesn't match

I have an apple watch series 6 and an Iphone 12. I got both in June 2021

There appears to be an issue REFLECTING workouts with the exercise ring.

I will explain. Today i did 2 workouts. (indoor and outdoor )

So...This morning i had my first workout. I clicked Indoor walk I then got on the treadmill for 30 mins

It registered under workouts correctly 30 mins, kms and calories. that was correct.

BUT....

The watch only registered for the EXERCISE ring 9 mins

Next i walked the dog for 10 mins ( i hit outdoor walk) ( 2nd workout )

Again, it registered correctly my second workout as 10 mins, kms and calories.

At the end the watch EXERCISE activity only registered 9 mins

So according to the watch I only exercised for total of 18 mins so the RING for exercise never closed which is completely way off.

I did 40 mins of exercise today ( 30 mins treadmill, 10 mins walking )

So that exercise ring should have shown 40 mins but it never it showed 18 mins.

And yes I had my iphone 12 with me.

Anyone else run into the EXERCISE ring not reflecting your workout times?

By the way this can all be seen by going into your IPHONE and clicking on FITNESS app ( circles) then clicking under activity the circle to see todays, scroll down and you can see under workouts the data for workouts and then at the top you can see data for exercise. The two are NOT matching up.

Apple Watch

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 5:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

7 replies

Jul 14, 2021 6:27 AM in response to jonomills

You can estimate your maximum heart rate based on your age. To estimate your maximum heart rate, subtract your age from 220. For example, for a 50-year-old person, the estimated maximum heart rate would be calculated as 220 – 50 years = 170 beats per minute (bpm).

Jul 25, 2021 6:02 AM in response to jonomills

Thank You ‘fieryjack’ for posting your exercise mins information which originated from an Apple Support phone call.

I to am trying to understand just how the exercise mins are counted, and get exactly what you state which makes logical sense to me and I can understand.

However I walk many miles per day and recently, since several weeks, I have noticed a “notable change’” in that the exercise mins the app credits me with have become a lot more mean. Perhaps this change correlates to a past watch update or code change in Apple’s software?

Do you think that arm swinging matters and is something apple have factored in, I am sure I read that somewhere but can’t find it now.

Here’s some data from walks I did yesterday and today

Yesterday

24 July 2021 0634 to 0929 UTC

2hr 45 mins actual walk 165 mins

76 BPM

18’ 36” mins per mile average

785 cals

I was credited 129 mins exercise for this walk a whopping 36 mins short

Today

25 July 2021 0559 to 0845 UTC

2hr 44 min actual walk 164 mins

77 BPM

18’ 08” mins per mile average

798 cals

I was credited 156 mins exercise for this walk only 8 short

I made a point of always swinging my left walk arm today but yesterday was not doing that as was reading and using iPhone as I was walking.

That’s the only thing I see different for this scenario.

What’s your learned understanding of this scenario?

Big problem: Apple watch series 6 EXERCISE ring data not accurate compared to workout data! It doesn't match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.