Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Looking for suggestion and opinions when cleaning Macbook Pro Retina display

Hello,

I saw a product on Amazon called "WHOOSH" and quite a portion of people said it's safe to use it for cleaning Macbook displays.

But on the other hand, Apple recommends only clean the display using water and a soft cloth.

And I have been following apple's recommendations when cleaning my Macbook Pro 2017 display, but consider using display cleaner because it boasts an extra coating that can make the display looks as good as new and repel dust.

If there's anyone ever using the product before it will be helpful to know your experience about it.

Or if you know any product that is safe and works well, I'm open to recommendations.

Also, if you know a good way to clean the display with or without display cleaner products please let me know too.

Thank you

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 6:48 AM

vineryap wrote:

Hello,
I saw a product on Amazon called "WHOOSH" and quite a portion of people said it's safe to use it for cleaning Macbook displays.
But on the other hand, Apple recommends only clean the display using water and a soft cloth.
And I have been following apple's recommendations when cleaning my Macbook Pro 2017 display, but consider using display cleaner because it boasts an extra coating that can make the display looks as good as new and repel dust.

If there's anyone ever using the product before it will be helpful to know your experience about it.
Or if you know any product that is safe and works well, I'm open to recommendations.
Also, if you know a good way to clean the display with or without display cleaner products please let me know too.

Thank you

Clean your Mac computer's screen or display - Apple Support

How to clean your Apple products - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2021 6:48 AM in response to vineryap

vineryap wrote:

Hello,

Thank you

Clean your Mac computer's screen or display - Apple Support

How to clean your Apple products - Apple Support

Looking for suggestion and opinions when cleaning Macbook Pro Retina display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.