Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"iPhone Cellular Calls" Preference disappeared (MacOs BigSur 11.4)

"iPhone Cellular Calls" Preference disappeared. I cannot anymore make and receive a regular phone call on my MacBook Pro (2016).

Did the following "troubleshooting" both my MacBook Pro and iPhone three times:

1. Turned OFF and ON the units
  2. Turned OFF and ON the Handoff
  3. Turned OFF and ON the units
  4. Turned OFF and ON the Allow Calls on Other Devices (Allow calls on MacBook Pro)
  5. Turned OFF and ON the units

And now I'm just out of options. The FaceTime preferences only shows:

Default for calls:

• Zoom.us
    • FaceTime
    • Microsoft Teams

Could a really old iPhone 6 Plus be an issue here? The calls were flawless until about a week ago. No update was performed recently so I'm really bummed.

Help please? Thank you.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 9:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 1:20 AM

See if you had disabled the feature accidentally as shown below.

To stop getting calls on one of your devices, just turn off the Calls from iPhone setting on that device. Watch the GIF

Watch the GIF below

You can use iPhone Cellular Calls with any Mac, iPhone, iPad or iPod touch that meets the Continuity system requirements. It works when your devices are near each other and set up as follows:

1. Each device is signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID.
  2. Each device is signed in to FaceTime with the same Apple ID.
  3. Each device has Wi-Fi turned on.
  4. Each device is connected to the same network using Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
  5. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Phone > Calls on Other Devices, then turn on Allow Calls on Other Devices.
  6. On your iPad or iPod touch, go to Settings > FaceTime, then turn on Calls from iPhone.
  7. On your Mac, open the FaceTime app, then choose FaceTime > Preferences. Click Settings, then select Calls From iPhone.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2021 1:20 AM in response to xtinmadrigal

See if you had disabled the feature accidentally as shown below.

To stop getting calls on one of your devices, just turn off the Calls from iPhone setting on that device. Watch the GIF

Watch the GIF below

You can use iPhone Cellular Calls with any Mac, iPhone, iPad or iPod touch that meets the Continuity system requirements. It works when your devices are near each other and set up as follows:

1. Each device is signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID.
  2. Each device is signed in to FaceTime with the same Apple ID.
  3. Each device has Wi-Fi turned on.
  4. Each device is connected to the same network using Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
  5. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Phone > Calls on Other Devices, then turn on Allow Calls on Other Devices.
  6. On your iPad or iPod touch, go to Settings > FaceTime, then turn on Calls from iPhone.
  7. On your Mac, open the FaceTime app, then choose FaceTime > Preferences. Click Settings, then select Calls From iPhone.

"iPhone Cellular Calls" Preference disappeared (MacOs BigSur 11.4)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.