Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice echo while making a call

I have a new iPhone 12 mini. I have noticed that occasionally when I make a call, my voice is echoed, or repeated back into the earpiece of the phone. I contacted Apple and the agent told me to turn on the microphone for apps, which didn't make sense to me. I have not tried Verizon Wireless yet but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this phenomenon.

Please advise.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 7:23 AM

hi there ! this problem is usually associated with the network providers issues. first conform that your network provider are not having any network issues. try switching off and then switching on your phone. this way it will reset the problems if any you are having . hope it will help.

8 replies

Jul 15, 2021 7:19 PM in response to Pactricia666

I have an iPhone 12 mini, not an iPhone 11. I am getting an echo from my voice, and not from the person to whom I am speaking. I don't feel that the case is an issue, it is an Otterbox Symmetry MagSafe + which I purchase along with the phone from the Verizon store.

I will contact the Verizon store and see what they have to offer.

Thanks for the reply.

Jul 18, 2021 7:13 AM in response to Pactricia666

This link is not helpful as my problem does not involve the speaker phone. This involves the regular earpiece that is built into the phone where you listen to a call. That is where my voice is reapeated, echoed, as it were, back into my ear.

Verizon put in a new SIM card and later I got a new iPhone. The problem still exists when I call one certain number.

I am in a quandary as to how to correct this problem.

Aug 4, 2021 5:53 AM in response to anuranjan381

I have had a new SIM card installed in the original phone, then had the phone replaced with same and then had a new SIM card installed in replacement phone, to no avail. I have have diagnostics done on my phone and sent to Apple engineers who have yet to contact me, and I have had Verizon do an Escalated Network Troubling Shooting ticket sent to Apple engineers also. Still in the dark. Am going to Best Buy today to meet with an Apple Master to see if he can find out what is happening. Maybe I should just get a different model iPhone. I have had several iPhones in the past and never have had an issue with any of them.

I read an article that sale of this phone is lagging and it may be discontinued soon. Bummer!

Voice echo while making a call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.