Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music buffering

I’m getting constant buffering from Apple Music. This has been going on for about two weeks. I have restarted the phone, signed in and out of Apple Music, turned Siri on and off, nothing works. I get a spinning wheel as the music plays for a few seconds then buffers, then picks back up. I canceled my subscription just now but would re-up if this issue can be fixed.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 6:04 PM

4 replies

Jul 16, 2021 4:34 PM in response to PEMWV

Hello PEMWV,

We are here to help go over the situation with Apple Music. We've got your back on this!

We've got a few troubleshooting steps you can try and then test again:

Restart your iPhone

Verify that your iPhone is up to date. Backup before updating to make sure your data is safe.

How to backup your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

How to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Are you having the same issue with Wi-Fi and cellular data? If you're using Wi-Fi now, try testing with a different Wi-Fi network also.

You can also test with streaming and listening with music which is downloaded, to see if the same issue happens.

Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

Jul 17, 2021 12:32 PM in response to nick_h2

This happens primarily when using cell data, but occasionally with WiFi. My phone is running the iOS 14.6. I’ve restarted my phone countless times, turned Siri off and on, turned on Airplane mode and turned Airplane mode off, to see if that helped. I’m able to stream Amazon music without issue and watch videos on YouTube, so I know it’s not a network issue. I’ve read that others are having this problem too. I really want to get it fixed bc I like Apple Music, but I cannot pay for sometime that I cannot use.

Jul 18, 2021 3:00 PM in response to i_rina

Thank you for trying to help. I really think it’s an issue with the iOS update. I didn’t have an issue until that update and from what I’ve read online, others are having the same problem without a resolution. I’ve canceled my Apple Music subscription and am trying to learn the Amazon interface.

Apple Music buffering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.