Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard bluetooth doesn't connect ( connecting the mouse was VERY difficult )

Hello everyone, thank you for your patience and help.

July 13, 2021 : I bought a brand new 2021 (serie C0*****D6T) MBP 16" 2019. Under Big Sur 11.14

I tried to solve the problem myself : A. Restarts several times B. Zap RAM several times C. accessibility slow and maintain, several times etc

Two days of headaches for no results, the keyboard (with new batteries) doesn't connect.

Can someone help please ? Thanks very much in advance :-)

Shall I go back to Catalina or Mojave ?

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 16, 2021 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 8:16 AM

Thanks for getting back to us sybaritour,

Are these the steps you performed previously to connect your Keyboard, if not, let's try our steps here for the wireless keyboards that do not have a separate charging cable from our article Set up your Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse, or Magic Trackpad with your Mac - Apple Support:

1. Turn on your Keyboard.
  2. Wait until your device's LED starts blinking, which means that it's in Discoverable Mode. (If the LED is on but not blinking, your device is already paired with another host. To unpair it, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth. Hover the pointer over the device you want to remove, then click the button Cancel button that appears next to the device's name. Turn the device off, then start again at step.)
  3. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth.
  4. Wait while your Mac searches for your device. When your device appears in Bluetooth preferences, click Pair.

Note: Apple Wireless Keyboard requires the passcode that appears on your Mac. Enter the 8-digit passcode on the keyboard, then press Return.

Do any other external keyboards work with your 16” MacBook Pro?

Have you had a change to change from QWERTY to AZERTY on your Mac preferences? To check, go to System Preferences > Keyboard > Input Sources. You may need to click the + to add in your preferred language there.

Are there any updates available for your new MacBook in System Preferences > Software Update?

We look forward to hearing your responses.

Cheers!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2021 8:16 AM in response to sybaritour

Thanks for getting back to us sybaritour,

Are these the steps you performed previously to connect your Keyboard, if not, let's try our steps here for the wireless keyboards that do not have a separate charging cable from our article Set up your Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse, or Magic Trackpad with your Mac - Apple Support:

1. Turn on your Keyboard.
  2. Wait until your device's LED starts blinking, which means that it's in Discoverable Mode. (If the LED is on but not blinking, your device is already paired with another host. To unpair it, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth. Hover the pointer over the device you want to remove, then click the button Cancel button that appears next to the device's name. Turn the device off, then start again at step.)
  3. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth.
  4. Wait while your Mac searches for your device. When your device appears in Bluetooth preferences, click Pair.

Note: Apple Wireless Keyboard requires the passcode that appears on your Mac. Enter the 8-digit passcode on the keyboard, then press Return.

Do any other external keyboards work with your 16” MacBook Pro?

Have you had a change to change from QWERTY to AZERTY on your Mac preferences? To check, go to System Preferences > Keyboard > Input Sources. You may need to click the + to add in your preferred language there.

Are there any updates available for your new MacBook in System Preferences > Software Update?

We look forward to hearing your responses.

Cheers!

Jul 17, 2021 11:04 AM in response to sybaritour

Hey there sybaritour,

We see you're having some trouble connecting your keyboard to you Mac via Bluetooth.

Try out the steps in this article to see if your keyboard will connect to your Mac, if it's a keyboard made by Apple: If you can't connect your Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse, or Magic Trackpad to your Mac - Apple Support

If you're using a third-party keyboard, try the information here to make sure Bluetooth is connected: Connect a Bluetooth device with your Mac - Apple Support

Have you had any success connecting your keyboard to any of your other devices or a computer you might have?

Keep us updated on your results!

Take care!

Jul 17, 2021 2:24 PM in response to Matthew.S81

First of all ; hello moderator ! sorry to write number of serie of my MBP 16" ( I didn't know)

Hello Matthew.S81, thanks for your reply

*** Have you had any success connecting your keyboard to any of your other devices or a computer you might have?

YES, the azerty keyboard I have is an Apple that I bought with my MBP 13". This magic keyboard connects to my MBP 13"under mojave in two seconds (this keyboard doesn't have the lightning)

***It's a magic Keyboard made by Apple. So I tried the steps you gave me which are written in Apple support

Shut down Magic Keyboard and turn it on + check green button + bluetooth activated + shut down MBP 16"

I did also : ZapRam (alt, command, P, R)

Remarks

1. All these operations done with my new 16 "MBP (under Big Sur 11.4) do not open the Magic Keyboard

2. The magic Keyboard opens immediately with my old 13 "MBP (under Mojave 10,14,6)

Matthew thanks for your patience, I also keep calm :-) have a nice week end.

Keyboard bluetooth doesn't connect ( connecting the mouse was VERY difficult )

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.