Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone camera

My camera isn’t working only my front facing one. I don’t know what to do what are some suggestions?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 9:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 10:20 PM

dazja0204 Said:

"iPhone camera: My camera isn’t working only my front facing one. I don’t know what to do what are some suggestions?"

-------

What to Try:

A. Disable then Enable Cameara:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Screen Time
  3. Tap: Content & Privacy Restrictions
  4. Enter: Keycode
  5. Tap: Allowed Apps
  6. Tap: Camera (So it is Green-Colored)

B. Restart iPhone:

Go Here: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

C. Are you Using a Case?

Make sure that the back camera is not covered(somewhat) - For note: the microphone part is located between the lens and the flash. So, make sure all is not covered.

as a last resort...

D. Restore form a Backup:

Have a backup of your iPhone prior to this occurrence? If you are not concerned with losing data, then restore your iPhone from a backup that was made when Wi-Fi was working. Prior to restoring, backup your iPhone, incase anything goes wrong with the restoration. If not backup, then know to always have one created prior to installing an update, to avoid things like this in the future. So, create a backup, prior to this restoration.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2021 10:20 PM in response to dazja0204

dazja0204 Said:

"iPhone camera: My camera isn’t working only my front facing one. I don’t know what to do what are some suggestions?"

-------

What to Try:

A. Disable then Enable Cameara:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Screen Time
  3. Tap: Content & Privacy Restrictions
  4. Enter: Keycode
  5. Tap: Allowed Apps
  6. Tap: Camera (So it is Green-Colored)

B. Restart iPhone:

Go Here: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

C. Are you Using a Case?

Make sure that the back camera is not covered(somewhat) - For note: the microphone part is located between the lens and the flash. So, make sure all is not covered.

as a last resort...

D. Restore form a Backup:

Have a backup of your iPhone prior to this occurrence? If you are not concerned with losing data, then restore your iPhone from a backup that was made when Wi-Fi was working. Prior to restoring, backup your iPhone, incase anything goes wrong with the restoration. If not backup, then know to always have one created prior to installing an update, to avoid things like this in the future. So, create a backup, prior to this restoration.

iPhone camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.