Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth can not be turned off

my MacBook is not showing the option to turn off my bluetooth, I have tried debugging, restarting and almost everything please help at the earliest

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 10:32 AM

Hello ananya1203, 

Being able to manage Bluetooth is important, and you’ve come to a perfect place for help. It appears that Turn Bluetooth Off is grayed out preventing the option from being selected. Do you use content and privacy restrictions on your Mac? If so, disable that feature to see if the issue persists. You can find more information about content and privacy restrictions in the following article:

Set up content and privacy restrictions in Screen Time on Mac

Have a great day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2021 10:32 AM in response to ananya1203

Hello ananya1203, 

Being able to manage Bluetooth is important, and you’ve come to a perfect place for help. It appears that Turn Bluetooth Off is grayed out preventing the option from being selected. Do you use content and privacy restrictions on your Mac? If so, disable that feature to see if the issue persists. You can find more information about content and privacy restrictions in the following article:

Set up content and privacy restrictions in Screen Time on Mac

Have a great day!

Jul 19, 2021 11:03 AM in response to ananya1203

Thank you for letting us know ananya1203. 

Do you notice if this happens when in a different user account on your Mac? If you’re unsure, or you don’t have an alternate user account set up you can find the steps for creating a test admin user account in the following article. 

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

If the issue continues in an alternate user account reaching out to Apple may be the next best step. You can find their contact details via the Get Support website. 

Have a great day!

bluetooth can not be turned off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.