Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No subtasks for iPhone Reminders

I have an iPhone 12 mini, running iOS 14.6 (yes, that is draining my battery more quickly, but that is a separate topic). My phone is connected to iCloud, and I cannot find any way to create subtasks. I see others have posted the same problem, and I already tried all the ways described in the instructions for Reminders. I can drag an drop, but no matter how I try, I cannot drop on top of another task - just reordering tasks at best. Swiping right on a task does absolutely nothing (swiping left shows “details” and “delete”), so I never see an option to indent. When looking at the details of a task, there is nothing that looks anything like adding a subtask. Is there a solution for this? If this feature is just not available on this phone, can that be made clear (not just to me, but in general) so people like me don’t waist so much time trying to fix something that is not even an option? Thanks!

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 7:16 PM

At this point, I recommend that you use the Get Support link at the top of the page and contact Apple Support for assistance. If you cannot perform the steps in the link I provided, you need some help from Apple.

I'm not sure if it is because you are trying to create a subtask from the screen you provided a screenshot from, but that is not where you need to do it. I've provided a screenshot from my iPhone and show how to swipe slightly to the right, and you will see the Indent show up and then you tap on it to create the subtask. See if this helps you.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2021 7:16 PM in response to Clueless-42

At this point, I recommend that you use the Get Support link at the top of the page and contact Apple Support for assistance. If you cannot perform the steps in the link I provided, you need some help from Apple.

I'm not sure if it is because you are trying to create a subtask from the screen you provided a screenshot from, but that is not where you need to do it. I've provided a screenshot from my iPhone and show how to swipe slightly to the right, and you will see the Indent show up and then you tap on it to create the subtask. See if this helps you.

Jul 23, 2021 10:09 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

As I said twice before, swiping right would not work for me. Also, yes, you can normally add subtasks from the “Details“ screen of an existing task. It’s just that the subtasks would appear under the selected task. (Selecting “subtasks”, shown in the second to bottom row of the image, brings up a new screen from which you can add a new task.)

I was just able to update to iOS 14.7, and that seemed to resolve the issue. I am also able to add subtasks by swiping right or by drag-and-drop.

Thank you for taking the time to at least respond and try to help!

No subtasks for iPhone Reminders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.