Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari or the Internet

Not sure why, but my phone goes back to the home screen when I’m going to any website, using my phone’s Internet, but it doesn’t happen when I use Wi-fi

Is that a Safari bug?

iPhone 5, iOS 10

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 5:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 6:01 PM

In order for the Safari app on your iPhone to access the Internet, your phone needs a valid connection to the Internet. Sorry, if that sounded a bit redundant. Your cellular provider typically offers two types of services: voice & data. The latter is how your phone gets Internet access via cellular. My guess is that this is not the Safari app itself, but your phone's ability to maintain a proper connection to the Internet. However, if you are still using an iPhone 5, running iOS 10, as per your tagline, it may be an issue with the phone itself.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2021 6:01 PM in response to AnastasiiaM

In order for the Safari app on your iPhone to access the Internet, your phone needs a valid connection to the Internet. Sorry, if that sounded a bit redundant. Your cellular provider typically offers two types of services: voice & data. The latter is how your phone gets Internet access via cellular. My guess is that this is not the Safari app itself, but your phone's ability to maintain a proper connection to the Internet. However, if you are still using an iPhone 5, running iOS 10, as per your tagline, it may be an issue with the phone itself.

Safari or the Internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.