Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rusting Issue on Iphone 12 pro.

I have been facing rusting issues at the bottom part and sides of the iphone 12 pro.

Since iphone 12 pro has stainless steel body, this issue shouldn't occur right?

Could someone help?

I have attached one image also.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 4:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 6:59 AM

Welcome Arun_1995,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you have some concerns with your iPhone 12 Pro and possible rust at the bottom. We'll do our best to assist.

It appears there is damage or rust, as you described, at the bottom of your iPhone 12 Pro. For this issue, we'd recommend bringing in the iPhone to a local Apple service center for an inspection.

This can get you prepared for the visit: Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service

Our link here will help to locate the service center. Select your region and search nearby here: Find Locations

Due to the current conditions around the world, some stores may have limited hours or appointment times. They also may require specific things to visit them (Such as, scheduling an appointment, wearing a mask, calling to check-in, etc.

Wishing you the best, take care!

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2021 6:59 AM in response to Arun_1995

Welcome Arun_1995,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you have some concerns with your iPhone 12 Pro and possible rust at the bottom. We'll do our best to assist.

It appears there is damage or rust, as you described, at the bottom of your iPhone 12 Pro. For this issue, we'd recommend bringing in the iPhone to a local Apple service center for an inspection.

This can get you prepared for the visit: Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service

Our link here will help to locate the service center. Select your region and search nearby here: Find Locations

Due to the current conditions around the world, some stores may have limited hours or appointment times. They also may require specific things to visit them (Such as, scheduling an appointment, wearing a mask, calling to check-in, etc.

Wishing you the best, take care!

Jul 20, 2021 8:36 AM in response to destiny241

Hi,

I did visit the apple store nearby, they said rusting doesnt come under their service.

I need to contact Apple directly.

I also had a talk with apple advisor. After showing them the rusted part, she said this seems to be a manufacturing defect. I have also attached the screenshot of the chat.

Since this is fairly a new device, i did not expect this kind of service from a company like apple.

I need some kind of resolution because i cannot keep on cleaning the rusted part and continue to use the phone.

In near future there could be a possibility that other parts will also become dis functional because of the rusted part.

Expecting a quick response.

Rusting Issue on Iphone 12 pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.