📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 13" Touch Bar 2016 - Screen Issue when open fully

Having an issue with my 2016 Macbook Pro 13" Touch Bar. It was purchased back in 2018 from the refurb store.

When the display/lid is open anything more than approx 45 degrees it has some strange lines across the screen. This leads me to believe it would be hardware related rather than software related.

Images below to show the issue when open and slightly closed where it displays as normal.

Has anyone else had this issue as well? What was the solution?

I saw there was replacement program for a backlight issue on these machine, does anyone know if this is related to that or covered by that if it is still running?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 9:51 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Macbook Pro 13" Touch Bar 2016 - Screen Issue when open fully

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.