Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidentally ending call

Over half the time my iphone X rings in my pocket, it hangs up the call as I pull the phone out of my pocket. I think this is because the button on the side of the phone gets accidentally pressed.

Is there a way to prevent this?

Thanks,

Chris

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 10:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 10:49 AM

Other than not pressing the button? You could connect a Bluetooth headset and answer the call that way. Unfortunately, that button is there to silence the ringer with a single press, or send the call to voicemail with a double press. If you have only pressed it once, you should still be able to answer the call if you take it out of your pocket. At this point, there is no setting you can use to change that.

You can provide feedback to Apple to let them know you would like to see a change. Use this link, Feedback - iPhone - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2021 10:49 AM in response to ckingberkeley

Other than not pressing the button? You could connect a Bluetooth headset and answer the call that way. Unfortunately, that button is there to silence the ringer with a single press, or send the call to voicemail with a double press. If you have only pressed it once, you should still be able to answer the call if you take it out of your pocket. At this point, there is no setting you can use to change that.

You can provide feedback to Apple to let them know you would like to see a change. Use this link, Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Accidentally ending call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.