Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing HomePod from Home App

One of my two full size HomePods has a problem which Apple is repairing or replacing under warranty. It was one of two in a stereo pair in home theatre mode with my ATV 4K. To remove the HomePod from the configuration I first set my ATV audio back to using the TV speakers and then unpaired the two HomePods. Finally, I removed the faulty device from the Home app. Now, the HomePod no longer shows on the Home App screen but there is a notification in the top left corner telling me that the removed HomePod is not responding. I can't seem to get rid of this notification. Everything seems to be working properly other than this. How can I clear this notification?

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 12:18 PM

Must be because it’s still signed in with your iCloud / Apple ID

See if you can remove it by going into your Apple ID on your iOS device, scroll down to your list of devices tap > Remove it. Make sure you don’t remove the wrong one.

if you aren’t sure which one it is you can identify it by the serial number. You can view your serial number on the other one in the home app via HomePod settings.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2021 12:18 PM in response to Bob Reynolds

Must be because it’s still signed in with your iCloud / Apple ID

See if you can remove it by going into your Apple ID on your iOS device, scroll down to your list of devices tap > Remove it. Make sure you don’t remove the wrong one.

if you aren’t sure which one it is you can identify it by the serial number. You can view your serial number on the other one in the home app via HomePod settings.

Removing HomePod from Home App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.