Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro Max Face ID not working after update.

My Face ID stopped working once I updated my device. It also happened to my wife’s phone and now apple doesn’t want to take responsibility because we are 100 days out of warranty that we never used. Am very dissatisfied with their response. I followed instructions by support over the phone. I went to the store and my phone was updated too 14.7 which has to do with Face ID updates. Now my Face ID is completely disabled. Look at pictures. The store refused to replace any of my two devices. This was a big on this update. My phone is not mishandled nor my wife’s. All my devices are by apple and they could not help me. This problem happens on their faces and didn’t care for me. If you tell me is 1 device but 2 at the same time. I was told by support that if enough ppl have they same problem then I would be able to get a replacement. Unbelievable, I really expected more since am a loyal customer.

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 7:57 PM

7 replies

iPhone 11 Pro Max Face ID not working after update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.