Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 Plus Battery Health dropped at 94% 4 months after purchase

I'm aware of the battery issues in iPhone, but is it really that early? Almost a month of use after purchase, it dropped at 98% then now, it went 94%.

I've read in some articles that an update of iOS has the option to re-calibrate the battery health percentage, but I cannot find it even if i've just updated my iPhone to iOS 14.7.

Hopefully somebody would enlighten me?

Thanks!

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 1:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 7:38 PM

I know you said the phone was new. Apple discontinued iPhone 7 in September 2019. So this "new" phone likely was sitting on a shelf somewhere for some time.

A new battery will cost $49 and shouldn't be an expense to worry about until Battery Health reaches 80% or less, which won't likely happen by March 2022.

In the meantime a few things you should be doing:

1. Never, Ever, let the battery become fully depleted
  2. Don't let the battery actually go below 20%
  3. In Settings > Battery > Battery Health > Make sure you turn on Optimized Battery Charging
  4. Plug your phone in to charge when you go to bed at night and leave plugged in ALL night, every night
  5. Finally, read this link about Maximizing Battery Performance --> Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple
10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2021 7:38 PM in response to philcarao

I know you said the phone was new. Apple discontinued iPhone 7 in September 2019. So this "new" phone likely was sitting on a shelf somewhere for some time.

A new battery will cost $49 and shouldn't be an expense to worry about until Battery Health reaches 80% or less, which won't likely happen by March 2022.

In the meantime a few things you should be doing:

1. Never, Ever, let the battery become fully depleted
  2. Don't let the battery actually go below 20%
  3. In Settings > Battery > Battery Health > Make sure you turn on Optimized Battery Charging
  4. Plug your phone in to charge when you go to bed at night and leave plugged in ALL night, every night
  5. Finally, read this link about Maximizing Battery Performance --> Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

Jul 21, 2021 10:29 AM in response to philcarao

philcarao wrote: "It’s brand new, that’s for sure."

Phil ~ Or it could be, as Apple says: "Your refurbished device is truly “like new,”" ...Does any of the iPhone's paperwork mention the word "refurbished"? But either way, "brand new" or "like new," it will have a new battery. And regarding that, Apple says: "A normal battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles when operating under normal conditions. The one-year warranty includes service coverage for a defective battery. If it is out of warranty, Apple offers battery service for a charge." Source:

iPhone Battery and Performance

...So basically, if your battery's health goes below 80% before 3/7/22, Apple will replace it for free.

õ¿õ¬

iPhone 7 Plus Battery Health dropped at 94% 4 months after purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.