Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

thunderbolt 2 drive not showing on my iMac

I have an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) running BigSur 11.4

I also have a Lacie Rugged drive with a built in thunderbolt 2 cable.

I used to be able to plug in the drive using the thunderbolt 2 cable, but now the drive does not mount (it does not appear in Disk Utility either). The drive has a second usb port. If I use that port then the drive does mount.

I do not have a second drive to test the thunderbolt 2 port on on my iMac, but I do plug a screen in using a thunderbolt to DVI adaptor and that works fine.

If I plug the drive into my macbook pro using the thunderbolt 2 then that works fine.

Does anyone have any experience of how I might be able to resolve this?

(I have a few drives and accessories connected using USB, so it would be helpful if I could use the thunderbolt instead.)

Thanks

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 3:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 3:58 AM

Good news... the drive has now just appeared on my desktop, so the issue seems to be resolved.

Similar questions

1 reply

thunderbolt 2 drive not showing on my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.