Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Photos for Mac Sync Problem: Photos taken on iPhone don't sync fullsize on Macbook in Photos

Using Photos for Mac, all the photos I take on my iPhone sync fine on all my devices (iPad, iMac) EXCEPT my MacBook Pro.

On my MacBook Pro in Photos, I get the thumbnail of iPhone-taken photos, but when I click on it to enlarge it, the thumbnail enlarges into the grey exclamation-mark-in-triangle error image.

Note that photos not taken with my iPhone do sync fully on my MacBook Photos for Mac, i.e., they click-to-enlarge/edit fine.

It's only those taken with the iPhone that don't fully sync (thumbnail only) in Photos on my MacBook.

Note also that on my other devices, the iPhone photos synch fully and fine.

Any help appreciated. :)

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 9:47 AM

Hi

Is your macos version 10.10 as shown? If so that is quite an early version. If your phone is taking and transferring HEIC images, your mac can't recognise them. What is the file type shown under the thumbnail?

If it is HEIC, you might fix it by choosing to shoot jpg images on your phone instead. Though then you will also have to convert all your existing HEIC images also.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2021 9:47 AM in response to Penman61

Hi

Is your macos version 10.10 as shown? If so that is quite an early version. If your phone is taking and transferring HEIC images, your mac can't recognise them. What is the file type shown under the thumbnail?

If it is HEIC, you might fix it by choosing to shoot jpg images on your phone instead. Though then you will also have to convert all your existing HEIC images also.

MacBook Photos for Mac Sync Problem: Photos taken on iPhone don't sync fullsize on Macbook in Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.