Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 mini has unreliable Wi-Fi calling and support can't figure it out

I bought a new iPhone 12 mini for a family member. We live in an area with no cell service but fantastic Wi-Fi and have been relying on Wi-Fi calling for over a year. My iPhone8 works fine. The new iPhone 12 mini works about 1/10th of the time. Everything else works; facetime, zoom, etc. Wi-Fi calling on our other devices works.

Support at both TMO and Apple has been of no use so far; suggesting random things like turning it off and on, resetting network settings, taking it to a store, etc.

• Is there a way to get someone to actually look at the problem, at device logs, etc and to root cause the problem and solve it?
  • I've seen quite a few others ask about this. Is there a fundamental issue with the iPhone 12 mini that makes it not work with Wi-Fi calling?

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 11:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 8:10 PM

davemac204 wrote:

Anyone from Apple want to step up and solve this?

You are not addressing Apple here. This is a user to user support forum and Apple does not participate here. If you wish to speak to Apple Support, you need to use the Get Support link at the top of the page here. 

Actually, your carrier is the one that handles wi-fi calling, so they would be the one I would be talking to first. As far as looking at any error logs on your device, you would need to contact Apple Support to speak about them. No one here can read or review error logs.

This is what Apple provides for wi-fi calling. Make a call with Wi-Fi Calling - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2021 8:10 PM in response to davemac204

davemac204 wrote:

Anyone from Apple want to step up and solve this?

You are not addressing Apple here. This is a user to user support forum and Apple does not participate here. If you wish to speak to Apple Support, you need to use the Get Support link at the top of the page here. 

Actually, your carrier is the one that handles wi-fi calling, so they would be the one I would be talking to first. As far as looking at any error logs on your device, you would need to contact Apple Support to speak about them. No one here can read or review error logs.

This is what Apple provides for wi-fi calling. Make a call with Wi-Fi Calling - Apple Support

iPhone 12 mini has unreliable Wi-Fi calling and support can't figure it out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.