Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm unable to switch apple ID's on my iphone 7s

email in my apple ID that is about to become obsolete and need to switch my iphone 7s to my alternative email, the device will not allow me to make this change

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 1:17 PM

Why not? What happens when. you try?

Note that what needs to happen is for you log out of the Apple ID on the iPhone, then update the email address associated with your Apple ID to a new email address. Then log in to the device with the updated Apple ID.

See here: link-> Change the email you use as your Apple ID - Apple Support

Note, that if your alternate email address is associated with our Apple ID as a secondary or rescue email it cannot be used as Primary for your Apple ID. You need an email address that has never been used with an Apple ID at all.

link-> What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2021 1:17 PM in response to HelpNeeded_today

Why not? What happens when. you try?

Note that what needs to happen is for you log out of the Apple ID on the iPhone, then update the email address associated with your Apple ID to a new email address. Then log in to the device with the updated Apple ID.

See here: link-> Change the email you use as your Apple ID - Apple Support

Note, that if your alternate email address is associated with our Apple ID as a secondary or rescue email it cannot be used as Primary for your Apple ID. You need an email address that has never been used with an Apple ID at all.

link-> What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

I'm unable to switch apple ID's on my iphone 7s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.