Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone losing charge while connected to MagSafe battery

Using my new Magsafe Battery Pack with my iPhone 12 Pro here, and the iPhone battery charge level is going down while using it, despite the battery pack being connected to it and showing that it is charging.

When I connected the MagSafe battery pack, iPhone was at 13%, Battery pack at 100%.

I walked for 25 minutes with it in my pocket, not using the phone.

When I arrived, I started using the phone which was now at around 18%.

I’m on 4G, full signal, and 30% brightness yet just using the iPhone to write this, the iPhone charge level has dropped from 15% to 10%, when it should be getting charge from the battery pack..

Anyone else seeing this?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 3:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 2:21 AM

For me it works differently. Battery pack's charge remained 100% and iPhone charge dropped from 21% to zero. I was using my phone during this period. Battery pack was correctly attached and there was a symbol of charging.

It seems it charges the phone only when the phone is not in use, it's super ridiculous.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2021 2:21 AM in response to jscofer

For me it works differently. Battery pack's charge remained 100% and iPhone charge dropped from 21% to zero. I was using my phone during this period. Battery pack was correctly attached and there was a symbol of charging.

It seems it charges the phone only when the phone is not in use, it's super ridiculous.

Jul 27, 2021 2:45 PM in response to tomma01

I think this battery only charges 5w when not attached to power. If your phone is using more than 5w, it’s battery will still lose energy, but more slowly. When your phone uses less than 5w, it will charge the difference. If you are critically low, you may want to use low power mode until it is charged more..

Someone correct me if I’m wrong…

Jul 25, 2021 3:15 AM in response to TheRyno

I think it’s only meant to be used to charge your phone on the go not to stay attached. I charged both mine and my phone yesterday and my phone battery dropped before the pack did

iPhone losing charge while connected to MagSafe battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.