Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MagSafe battery pack is not charging my iPhone

My MagSafe battery pack is not working on charging my phone. It is showing the sign for charging but the battery is actually going down while being attached to the battery pack.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 3:14 PM

I have the same issue but on top of this, I have another issue. I charge the battery pack to full. Then I attach it to my phone and it starts charging the phone. Then I take it off and if I leave it for more than 10 minutes, and put it back up on the phone, I get the magsafe animation, the phone is not charging and the battery pack doesn't show it's battery percentage. I have to take the battery pack off, plug it in, unplug it after 1 second and then it charges the phone when re attached. It's like the pack is going into sleep mode or something but doesn't wake up unless plugged on a charger

Similar questions

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2021 3:14 PM in response to sonu_c_mathew

I have the same issue but on top of this, I have another issue. I charge the battery pack to full. Then I attach it to my phone and it starts charging the phone. Then I take it off and if I leave it for more than 10 minutes, and put it back up on the phone, I get the magsafe animation, the phone is not charging and the battery pack doesn't show it's battery percentage. I have to take the battery pack off, plug it in, unplug it after 1 second and then it charges the phone when re attached. It's like the pack is going into sleep mode or something but doesn't wake up unless plugged on a charger

Jul 31, 2021 9:55 PM in response to sonu_c_mathew

I have the same problem.

before, with 14.7 I had no problem to charge the iPhone by the battery pack.

now, with 14.7.1 the battery pack is to weak to charge the phone. I had to put the iPhone in to flight mode to charge it but super slow and only for some percents. Maybe 13% in 45 min.

I don’t know, maybe the update to 14.7.1 make the charging so slow or there is a huge problem with the temperature management. For me for now, the battery pack is a joke and not even worth to take it with you.

MagSafe battery pack is not charging my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.