Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

usb-c and usb

I have a MacBook Pro (retina early 2015) Does not have USB-C ports and I'm trying to connect an external device to my mac that has a usb-c cable which was told had an adapter but was missing. Where can i purchase such an adapter?

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 4:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 5:58 PM

Van_dam wrote:

I have a MacBook Pro (retina early 2015) Does not have USB-C ports and I'm trying to connect an external device to my mac that has a usb-c cable which was told had an adapter but was missing. Where can i purchase such an adapter?

Hard to get by without an adapter:

USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2021 5:58 PM in response to Van_dam

Van_dam wrote:

Hard to get by without an adapter:

USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple

Jul 21, 2021 4:43 PM in response to Van_dam

Van_dam Said:

"usb-c and usb: I have a MacBook Pro (retina early 2015) Does not have USB-C ports and I'm trying to connect an external device to my mac that has a usb-c cable which was told had an adapter but was missing. Where can i purchase such an adapter?"

-------

View Amazon:

Try this adapter on Amazon: Official USB-C Adapter Type-C to USB 3.0 Adapter for MacBook Pro, Google Pixel, Nexus 6P 5X, LG G5, HTC 10

Screenshot:

Jul 21, 2021 4:55 PM in response to Van_dam

Van_dam Said:

"usb-c and usb: I have a MacBook Pro (retina early 2015) Does not have USB-C ports and I'm trying to connect an external device to my mac that has a usb-c cable which was told had an adapter but was missing. Where can i purchase such an adapter?"

-------

Looking for the other way? See this: Amazon.com: usb to usb c adapter. Those are bit more tough to come by.

usb-c and usb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.