You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my macbook pro asking to reinstall my ipad pro

Hello,

i got a new ipad pro and i did a clean setup.

the ipad works great but now i thought i make a back up off mine ipad pro on mine macbook pro.

so i plug in mine ipad pro in to mine macbook pro and then i see a screen dat de macbook pro want to setup mine ipad pro as new or restore from a this backup xxx mine . I don’t want that, i just want do run a backup off mine ipad pro on mine macbook pro without reinstall the ipad.

is there away to bypass that?

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 12:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 7:21 AM

Hello voxcy,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities!

We see that you are trying to backup your iPad Pro to your Mac but it is prompting to setup as new or restore from a backup.

We’d be happy to help you!

If you select to setup as new at this screen, it will not erase anything on the iPad.

It only shows as a different backup than the one that you already have.

You can follow the steps in How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with your Mac after you click setup as new.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 23, 2021 7:21 AM in response to voxcy

Hello voxcy,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities!

We see that you are trying to backup your iPad Pro to your Mac but it is prompting to setup as new or restore from a backup.

We’d be happy to help you!

If you select to setup as new at this screen, it will not erase anything on the iPad.

It only shows as a different backup than the one that you already have.

You can follow the steps in How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with your Mac after you click setup as new.

Take care.

Why is my macbook pro asking to reinstall my ipad pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.