Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PLEASE tell me how to remove Quicklook PI?

I checked several forums and either it's not there/I can't find it:

• Installed to Safari/Extensions
  • In Profiles in System Prefs (I actually don't have something called Profiles, never did)
  • In something called Automation also in System Prefs which is something I've never seen/heard of either
  • In Applications as 'a weird app that shouldn't be there'

So where could this be? Am I missing something/doing something wrong? Please help!

I have a MacBook Pro, High Sierra Version 10.13.6

PS This is my first time here, please let me know if I need to post additional info.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 2:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 2:14 AM

Some piece of Malware / Adware may have been installed.

Suggest downloading from a Trusted Developer and Respected ASC Contributor the application Malwarebytes for Mac. It is free or paid for added features. Run the Application and it should remove the malware / adware. Once done, restart computer and test.

There are no known Viruses in the wild that self replicate and affect macOS. There are Malware and Adware that does affect macOS and are often times downloaded as part of an Application from Third Party UnTrusted Site and get installed along with the Application.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2021 2:14 AM in response to BDHN1399

Some piece of Malware / Adware may have been installed.

Suggest downloading from a Trusted Developer and Respected ASC Contributor the application Malwarebytes for Mac. It is free or paid for added features. Run the Application and it should remove the malware / adware. Once done, restart computer and test.

There are no known Viruses in the wild that self replicate and affect macOS. There are Malware and Adware that does affect macOS and are often times downloaded as part of an Application from Third Party UnTrusted Site and get installed along with the Application.

PLEASE tell me how to remove Quicklook PI?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.