Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I try to change my Apple ID to <something>@online.nl but that does not seem possible. Is there an issue with using @online.nl as an ID email address?

I try to change my Apple ID to <something>@online.nl but that does not seem possible. Is there an issue with using @online.nl as an ID email address?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 2:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 2:43 AM

Are you getting an error message while following the steps in this article?

If you can't change your Apple ID

If you try to change your Apple ID to an @icloud.com email address that was created within the last 30 days, you will be asked to try again later.

If you see a message that the email address you want to use isn't available or is already in use, check that you or a family member aren't already using that email address with a different Apple ID. If a family member is using that email address, remove it from their account then try to use it. 

In some countries or regions, you can use your phone number as your Apple ID. But if your Apple ID is an email address, you can't change it to a phone number.

copied from: Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2021 2:43 AM in response to RobertNils61

Are you getting an error message while following the steps in this article?

If you can't change your Apple ID

If you try to change your Apple ID to an @icloud.com email address that was created within the last 30 days, you will be asked to try again later.

If you see a message that the email address you want to use isn't available or is already in use, check that you or a family member aren't already using that email address with a different Apple ID. If a family member is using that email address, remove it from their account then try to use it. 

In some countries or regions, you can use your phone number as your Apple ID. But if your Apple ID is an email address, you can't change it to a phone number.

copied from: Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.