Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Medical Id

I am seeing Medical Id on my lock screen before powering off my device. However, I have not set up the medical id. I also checked in my setting and found this function is not selected to show on my locked screen? Please help!?!?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 6:49 AM

18 replies

Jul 22, 2021 9:52 AM in response to Mk903

If you slide it across what does it show?

If it’s empty then great.

If it shows your medical info then you must have entered some. The important thing is if it is offered to a stranger in the Lock Screen emergency function. The function you describe is only offered to you I.e. while unlocked.

Jul 25, 2021 5:14 PM in response to Mk903

It is interesting that they are out of line like that. I have my Medical ID filled in, but I don't believe me wife does. She has an iPhone 12 and I will take a look at hers in about an hour or so when she comes home from work and I'll let you know if it shows on her device. In the mean time, if you wish, you can contact Apple Support using the Get Support link at the top of the page here, or you can wait until I post again and decide then.

Jul 31, 2021 5:53 PM in response to Mk903

I would say that it probably is, since that is what medical personnel are advised to look for. Once they attempt to open it, they will find that there is no information. Since it really is not showing anything and you do not have a Medical ID configured, the setting you mention earlier about allowing access to the Medical ID on your lock screen is not in play here.

Medical Id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.