Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail program keeps sending emails to spam

Hi all! I have a 2017 iMac running OS 11.4. About the time I updated to Big Sur (several months ago), my Apple Mail program started to (seemingly) randomly send emails to my spam folder. So I created a whitelist in my rules. But... emails still often go into the spam folder. I've called Apple support 3 times regarding this issue. I was told to try updating to OS 11.4, from the previous version... which I did. That didn't help. Finally, I spoke to an Apple person a couple of days ago. She said that just because I white list an email address, doesn't mean it won't be sent to a spam folder. It's searching the emails sent to me for triggers. So I need to tell my friends, family and clients and write so as to not set off these triggers (which are unknown and not specified anyway). WHAT??? I think whitelisting a specific email address should mean the program will send that email to my inbox NO MATTER WHAT. Am I wrong in thinking this is how it should work? I'm very frustrated, as I have to spend a lot of time now going through my spam folder to find all the emails that go thrown in there. It's a huge time suck. And I am often late in getting back to clients because I don't see their emails until many hours or days later. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a more effective way to whitelist emails? Is there another program I could use that won't do this? I like having my email on my computer (as opposed to using gmail or yahoo or whatever). But it's becoming too annoying to use.

New 27" iMac

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 10:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 10:39 AM

I had same issue and the cause was on my server end (yahoo). Yahoo made it spam and no matter what I did within mail it went to junk folder. I went to my mail on web server and marked them not spam and now all ok

3 replies

Jul 24, 2021 8:34 AM in response to DigitalChickster

Thank you so much tbirdvet! You solved my problem. I am so sorry I ever doubted Apple Mail. It was my wesite host server's issue. It was obvious at some point I was frustrated with all the spam mail I get, so I changed their setting for spam to "high" which means they filtered out way too much stuff. I moved it back down to the half-way point. And it's working fine now. More spam is ending up in my inbox, but so far NO friend/client emails have gone to my spam folder.

Mail program keeps sending emails to spam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.