Blocked mail not working on brand new iMac

So I go to mail, click settings, then enable Junk mail filtering. Then click move it to the junk box.

Then I go to the blocked tab and check Enabled blocked mail filtering. Then, radio button, Move it to the trash.

And this morning I have about 12 emails that have the blocked symbol by them in my junkl mailbox. They are on the blocked list, so why aren't they going to the trash?

I'm using a brand new (1 week old) iMac. I did however migrate all my stuff over from my old 2019 iMac. This is the version of Apple mail on my new Mac:

Version 16.0 (3774.200.91.1.1)

So is there some way of making this work? I thought the whole point is to cut down on how many emails I have to delete, yet so many turn up with the blocked mail symbol but they stay in the junk box, not being deleted.

Grrrrrrr.

Thank you for any help,

Susan

iMac (M3, 2023)

Posted on Dec 4, 2023 6:51 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

May 9, 2024 8:07 AM in response to pixiegirl72

Just thought I would pour a little gas on the years-old discussion on this issue. This issue continues to NOT WORK in the latest version > 16.0. It's becoming quite clear that Apple either has no intention of fixing it or doesn't know how. Neither option is satisfactory. Meanwhile, I comb through hundreds of blocked emails in my JUNK folder each week to find and save any legit emails that should happen to land there. I've got all kinds of time for that. Thanks Apple!

Dec 4, 2023 9:00 AM in response to den.thed

Yes, I do that too. But I get spam and worse from a few email addresses over and over, and I don't want to see them anymore. I wish that when I block someone, their email would go directly to trash. It's never happened but hypothetically, since its stays in the junk box until I hit delete, I could see it and accidentally click on some of those crappy links and downloads they try and send me.

[Edited by Moderator]

Blocked mail not working on brand new iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.