Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video upload to iCloud

I recently recorded a video which is 47:17 in length in 4k 60fps. I want to share this video to a friend of mine who is a non iPhone user. But I’m bot able to upload this video to iCloud so that he can download to his laptop. I have 34.2gb of space left in my iCloud. What maybe the reason that I’m not able to upload?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 1:18 PM

Based on research, either of these should work:

1. If you have iCloud photos enabled on your device, you can simply wait for the video to sync (assuming it's in your library).
  2. Use the Files App on your device and place the video inside, it will then upload during sync.

Once uploaded, you can share a link.

You could also try an external solution like DropBox, etc. which may have different file limitations.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2021 1:18 PM in response to navaneeth161

Based on research, either of these should work:

1. If you have iCloud photos enabled on your device, you can simply wait for the video to sync (assuming it's in your library).
  2. Use the Files App on your device and place the video inside, it will then upload during sync.

Once uploaded, you can share a link.

You could also try an external solution like DropBox, etc. which may have different file limitations.

Jul 22, 2021 11:48 AM in response to navaneeth161

Are you syncing the document or trying to upload it directly into iCloud at iCloud.com? Files uploaded to iCloud.com cannot exceed 10GB. The Maximum file size that can be stored is 50GB. So, it seems if you sync through photos or files, you should be able to sync a document.

What is the size of your file? I'm guessing somewhere in the range of 15-20 GB

Video upload to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.