Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) crackling speaker

Hi guys

I am having a problem with the crackling noise on my speakers.However, when I switch to another user account my speakers work as perfect as before. I am facing this issue on my main user account.

I have done all the SMC, NVRAM, updates and none of them worked for me. I'll be so grateful if someone can tell me how to fix this annoying issue.

Cheers

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 4:37 PM

If another user account works fine, then the issue is with a configuration setting of some app in your main user account. Or perhaps you have a login item running in the main user account that is not running in the working user account. It is also possible a configuration file within the main user account is corrupt and needs to be deleted and recreated. Sorry I cannot be more specific, but I cannot see your laptop and even if I could I'm not an expert with third party Mac software.

Just make sure you are testing the exact same audio file from both user accounts, otherwise you may be mistaken about the other account actually working. Sometimes an audio issue won't be noticeable except at certain audio frequencies or even audio volumes.

Edit: Is the issue with the built-in speakers or external speakers? If external speakers, then sometimes the speaker connector/jack may make noise if the cable is moved plus the volume and tone or balance control on the external speakers may be causing the noise. Plus the external speakers power cord needs to be connected to the same electrical circuit (usually the same receptacle, however, some wall receptacles can be on two different electrical circuits so you may want to plus computer & speakers into the same power surge strip.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2021 4:37 PM in response to vahid30

If another user account works fine, then the issue is with a configuration setting of some app in your main user account. Or perhaps you have a login item running in the main user account that is not running in the working user account. It is also possible a configuration file within the main user account is corrupt and needs to be deleted and recreated. Sorry I cannot be more specific, but I cannot see your laptop and even if I could I'm not an expert with third party Mac software.

Just make sure you are testing the exact same audio file from both user accounts, otherwise you may be mistaken about the other account actually working. Sometimes an audio issue won't be noticeable except at certain audio frequencies or even audio volumes.

Edit: Is the issue with the built-in speakers or external speakers? If external speakers, then sometimes the speaker connector/jack may make noise if the cable is moved plus the volume and tone or balance control on the external speakers may be causing the noise. Plus the external speakers power cord needs to be connected to the same electrical circuit (usually the same receptacle, however, some wall receptacles can be on two different electrical circuits so you may want to plus computer & speakers into the same power surge strip.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) crackling speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.