Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I reset my old phone to factory reset and now it’s asking for a passcode that I did not set up. I was trading in my old iPhone 7s plus and it needs to be unlocked

I reset my old phone to factory reset and now it’s asking for a passcode that I did not set up. I was trading in my old iPhone 7s plus and it needs to be unlocked

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 3:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 4:26 PM

Soccermom61 wrote:

IF you truly did this What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support it shouldn't ask you for anything it will be brand new like out the box.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2021 4:26 PM in response to Soccermom61

Soccermom61 wrote:

IF you truly did this What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support it shouldn't ask you for anything it will be brand new like out the box.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.