Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i am having trouble downloading big sur on my macbook

I am having trouble downloading big sur, it keeps failing.

what can i do?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 12:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 1:08 AM

Make sure you have at least 50-60GB free space. Backup and uninstall any "cleaners, optimizers, virus apps, VPN etc". Connect the Mac via Ethernet to the router, restart the router and keep other network traffic in the household to the minimum. Boot the Mac into safe-mode and then try to update Big Sur or download the full Big Sur installer and apply it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2021 1:08 AM in response to am393

Make sure you have at least 50-60GB free space. Backup and uninstall any "cleaners, optimizers, virus apps, VPN etc". Connect the Mac via Ethernet to the router, restart the router and keep other network traffic in the household to the minimum. Boot the Mac into safe-mode and then try to update Big Sur or download the full Big Sur installer and apply it.

Jul 23, 2021 2:03 AM in response to am393

Agree with all @Matti Haveri has outlined.

Especially if there are AntiVirus software installed. Even if it is Deactivated - the softwares will interfere with the whole process. Besides - There are no known Viruses in the wild that self replicate and affect macOS and best to Uninstall as per Developers Specific Instructions.

i am having trouble downloading big sur on my macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.