Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Macbook has suddenly stopped being able to link with my IPad, for screen sharing.

My Macbook Pro has suddenly stopped connecting with my Ipad, for screen sharing. It also doesn't find my partner's Ipad.

I'm running Big Sur & all my devices are fairly new. Can anyone save the day with this issue? :(

Very best, Sam

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 1:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 2:43 AM

Big Sur 11.5 is out (if you didn't update your MBP, I'd suggest you perform the update procedure).

After the MBP update, make sure your iPad(s) is/are running iPadOS 14.7 (just released). Should be this case, try to reconnect your iPad and open Finder. If your iPad(s) isn't/aren't recognized there, follow all the steps provided here:--> If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

If the issue persists, contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2021 2:43 AM in response to Sammillner

Big Sur 11.5 is out (if you didn't update your MBP, I'd suggest you perform the update procedure).

After the MBP update, make sure your iPad(s) is/are running iPadOS 14.7 (just released). Should be this case, try to reconnect your iPad and open Finder. If your iPad(s) isn't/aren't recognized there, follow all the steps provided here:--> If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

If the issue persists, contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

My Macbook has suddenly stopped being able to link with my IPad, for screen sharing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.