Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family calendar not syncing to one family member

I have 4 members in my iCloud family. The Family calendar syncs to 3 of the 4 members. The one member who is not working is above the age of 13. The Calendar app on my Mac (Organizer) shows the calendar is shared with all members. All the iCloud accounts are correct and matching.

The member who's calendar is not syncing either direction. The family calendar does not show up in the list of calendars. The calendar is not syncing to iPad, iPhone, Mac or iCloud.

I have removed and re-added the family member at least 10 times. I have turned calendar sync on and off several times. Rebooted etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 5:37 AM

It looks like I figured it out. Calendar isn't part of iCloud family sharing. It's separate and managed inside the Calendar app. Apparently I had shared our 'Family" calendar with all members in the iCloud family some time ago. For whatever reason the one account wasn't syncing. I stopped sharing the "Family" calendar and re-shared it with everyone. Each member then receives an email with a link to join the calendar.

Additional comment here., there doesn't seem to be an option to stop sharing a calendar with just one person so you have to stop sharing with everyone and then re-share with each person.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2021 5:37 AM in response to JLR_54

It looks like I figured it out. Calendar isn't part of iCloud family sharing. It's separate and managed inside the Calendar app. Apparently I had shared our 'Family" calendar with all members in the iCloud family some time ago. For whatever reason the one account wasn't syncing. I stopped sharing the "Family" calendar and re-shared it with everyone. Each member then receives an email with a link to join the calendar.

Additional comment here., there doesn't seem to be an option to stop sharing a calendar with just one person so you have to stop sharing with everyone and then re-share with each person.

Family calendar not syncing to one family member

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.