Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yet another Google Calendars aren't sync'ing with Calendar

On my son's MacBook Air (running 12.5.1), I can't get Calendar to sync with Google Cal. He has two google cals - one on his account that he owns and shares a family calendar that I own. My family calendar is shared with him and other family members, and no one else has this problem. Note - I have a similar setup - I own two Google calendars (family, personal) - and no issues on iPad, iPhone, or Mac. No one else in the family has issues.

In Calendar, sidebar shows both "On My Mac" (which he doesn't use) and this google account. Underneath his google, the two calendars and holidays are there and selected. YET NOTHING from either of his google calendars shows in the calendar. If I toggle on/off his google holidays calendar, those events show. Account refresh is set to 1 minute. After searching extensively online and here, I have:

• confirmed that he has full access to the two calendars by logging in through a browser to calendars.google.com (using his account). Both visible, editable, etc.
  • confirmed Sys Pref/Accounts has his google account with calendars selected for that account
  • confirmed in Calendar/Preferences that his google account is showing, selected, etc.
  • deleted his google account in Sys Pref/Accounts and re-added it.
  • deleted google account, deleted all folders in library/cache, deleted all folder in library/calendar, re-added his google account in Sys Pref/Accounts
  • determined that my tech skills in this area are useless and that I am fully stumped and must give up my Family CIO title.

Ideas? This is just bizarre. No issues with his iPhone calendars. HELP!

MacBook Air

Posted on Sep 10, 2022 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 1:06 PM

Safe Mode didn't help. Apparently there were a hodgepodge of Calendars showing on each person's iPhones, of which I wasn't aware. I didn't have the strength after this to look at the MacBooks. Mine works, that's what matters to me. Here's what I did that worked. I have no idea how or why. To simplify, my Google account has full access to everyone's Google Calendar. I also have access to everyone's Google accounts and iPhones. Other numerous attempts and combinations didn't work.

1. Logged in to my Google account at calendar.google.com and removed Person 1 from everyone's calendar.
  2. Re-added Person 1 to everyone's calendar with FULL access (See, Change Events, and Change Access) - earlier attempts at less access failed.
  3. Logged in as Person 1 on mail.google.com, accepted the invite, and confirmed the calendars showed online
  4. Deleted Person 1's Google account from their iPhone (Settings/Accounts), agreeing to deletion of data
  5. Re-added Person 1's Google account to their iPhone and confirmed Cal and Mail worked
  6. Rinse & Repeat for Persons 2 & 3.

If I feel so inclined and there is a thank you involving chocolate, I will remove each person's Google account from their MacBooks and re-add it. Person 1 uses Windows *cringe* and thus isn't covered by my technical support :-)

Thanks for the suggestions, glad it's all working!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2022 1:06 PM in response to CountryMama

Safe Mode didn't help. Apparently there were a hodgepodge of Calendars showing on each person's iPhones, of which I wasn't aware. I didn't have the strength after this to look at the MacBooks. Mine works, that's what matters to me. Here's what I did that worked. I have no idea how or why. To simplify, my Google account has full access to everyone's Google Calendar. I also have access to everyone's Google accounts and iPhones. Other numerous attempts and combinations didn't work.

1. Logged in to my Google account at calendar.google.com and removed Person 1 from everyone's calendar.
  2. Re-added Person 1 to everyone's calendar with FULL access (See, Change Events, and Change Access) - earlier attempts at less access failed.
  3. Logged in as Person 1 on mail.google.com, accepted the invite, and confirmed the calendars showed online
  4. Deleted Person 1's Google account from their iPhone (Settings/Accounts), agreeing to deletion of data
  5. Re-added Person 1's Google account to their iPhone and confirmed Cal and Mail worked
  6. Rinse & Repeat for Persons 2 & 3.

If I feel so inclined and there is a thank you involving chocolate, I will remove each person's Google account from their MacBooks and re-add it. Person 1 uses Windows *cringe* and thus isn't covered by my technical support :-)

Thanks for the suggestions, glad it's all working!

Sep 11, 2022 12:38 PM in response to CountryMama

Hello CountryMama,

Let's use the steps from this resource to boot his MacBook Air into safe mode to see if that behavior continues from there. The steps will vary depending on which processor your Mac uses: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

"Apple silicon

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until you see the startup options window.
  3. Select your startup disk, then press and hold the Shift key while clicking “Continue in Safe Mode.”
  4. Log in to your Mac. You might be asked to log in again.

Intel processor

1. Turn on or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key as your Mac starts up.
  2. Release the key when you see the login window, then log in to your Mac. 
  3. You might be asked to log in again. On either the first or second login window, you should see ”Safe Boot” in the upper-right corner of the window."

It can take a few extra minutes to boot into safe mode. The screen may flash or flicker while in safe mode. Those behaviors are expected. Testing in safe mode runs a check on the disk, removes some cached files, and can help isolate conflicts with startup items. Once you've tested that behavior in safe mode, you can restart to leave safe mode.

Should that still persist, does he sync the Calendar app with any other accounts?

Let us know, and we'll keep moving forward from there.

Yet another Google Calendars aren't sync'ing with Calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.