Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV remote

It’s not allowing me to select my language to start up. The remote control works and the select button works because when I click it 3 times voice over comes on

Apple TV

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 6:09 PM

3 replies

Jul 24, 2021 6:46 AM in response to chastity23

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

What is your model remote? Identify your Apple TV remote - Apple Support

During setup, the first question would be to select a language. Scroll down or up to find your preferred language. With the intended selection highlighted, confirm this by clicking the center of the navigation pad.

Jul 25, 2021 2:22 AM in response to chastity23

It’s a first gen Apple TV and remote.

I presume you mean “Apple TV 4K (1st generation) (2017)”, as the original Apple TV (1st generation) (2007) is no longer functional in any meaningful way.

I can scroll to my preferred language but the pressing the button is not causing it to select. It doesn’t do anything

It is possible that there are mechanical defects in the remote. If so, that would be reason for a replacement.

Note that you have to click a bit harder, or deeper, to an audible click. Just tapping doesn’t register for confirmation of the selection.

Apple TV remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.