Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud backup

Hello! So I had an iphone 8 which had alot of pictures and video taken from it. It stopped working for some reason so I got an Iphone 12. Signed in Icloud and got the pictures and videos which were on Icloud (there were more on my prev iphone 8 but they werenr backed up so they didnt show up on Icloud. I got my iphone 8 fixed and when I switched it on , it had all those pictures and videos which were taken from it (the ones not in icloud) so I was happy that I have those on the iphone 8. After a day something backed up and my iphone 8 ended up being the same as my iphone 12… (all the extra pictures were gone) im do upset. I tried to restore the phone to a prev date but it doesnt have those pictures anymore. How can the data on the phone just disappear? I hope someone can understand what im trying to tell here

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 9:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 9:35 PM

doc_sid Said:

"Icloud backup: [...]After a day something backed up and my iphone 8 ended up being the same as my iphone 12… (all the extra pictures were gone) im do upset.[...]"

-------

Check iCloud Directly:

See if they reside in iCloud: https://www.icloud.com/photos

3 replies

Icloud backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.